Wednesday, October 28, 2009

English and more English....

Ok, so I teach two sections of english. The lil kids 7-11 years old on monday nights, and 12-16 years old on wednesdays. I went tonight for my second English class with the older kids. It was great. We just played bingo and listened to music....very chill.

However, I taught the lil kid class on monday, and it was HORRIBLE! The 11 year olds were all of the place, singing, and not listening, and the lil kids who are like 8 years old, were not paying attention AT ALL!!!! I'm not sure what to do. I probably need to divide them into two classes, but I don't want to teach another class!!! I just can't control a class of lil kids- I don't know how to play games- why can't they just chill??? haha, I was totally meant for youth- not lil kids! I loveeeee hanging out with the older ones- they are sooo funny and chill.

I moved into my apartment and its good. Im actually sitting in the laundry mat across the street as we speak! I will post photos of the apartment soon. I am leaving tomorrow night around midnight to travel south for day of the dead. Im not going to Oaxaca(where i originally wanted to go) but I am going somewhere much closer and it only requires a bus ride of 8 hours. I will return at 6am on monday morning...We travel through the night so that you don't miss an entire day/so you can sleep.

I am still using my inhaler to keep from coughing. I really need to go back to the doc though. My cough was getting better, but yesterday and today seemed worse...I think I'm having a lil bit of a relapse, but it's mostly just in the mornings.

Thats all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment