Sunday, October 11, 2009

Zacatecas

I left thursday night at 11:45pm for Zacatecas. We traveled through the night because it is about 7 hours on a bus. We arrived back in Monterrey this morning at 6am. I went with just 6 friends and it was a great time. Zacatecas is SW and in the mountains. It was actually very chilly at night and marvelous in the day. We stayed at an amazing hostel- I could have lived there! The city is very romantic with lots of cobblestone and bright colored buildings.

This is the teleferico- like a gondola that we rode to the top of the mountain.



Looking down the street- such cute, bright homes.

Government plaza in the middle of town.


These guys were great. I think this was right about when they realized I was taking pictures of them...


Homeless man outside the cathedral.
Another homeless man outside the same cathedral. Amazing how they always get left outside.


View of the mountains.


No caption needed.


Making tortillas.


Notice the cross in the wall.


Doesn't this look quaint?


Dog in the window. Not for sale. But oh so very cute.
Again.


This was a museum, but the outside was the coolest part.


Somebody was going somewhere fancy- so I decided to take her picture.





Flowers looking up to the castle.


I saw this and thought of grams. Doesn't this look like an old lady hangout?


Bugs. Bugs. Bugs. Everywhere. The most popular car in Mexico.


This is the view from the rooftop of our amazing hostel. I want to go back.


This puppy was on top of the roof of a house. There are always dogs on roofs and I always think they are going to jump off.




Sweet view down the street.


Tons of old cathedrals built in the 1700's by the Spainards in their mission of conversion.


This was awesome. It was a Hare Krishna Diversity Festival and these guys were so joyful and outgoing. They were dancing like crazy and just so amazing. Did I mention how hot these guys were? Oh my- why are they so beautiful????

So yep- here are the picture. It was an amazing town. I loved the city and we walked for hours each day. My legs are killing me. I could really live at the hostel- $9 a night, and SO cute! Would love to go back if only it wasn't so far away.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing all these. They are as amazing as you are!!! You have a real gift and a real eye for art. Your passion for people shines right through the lens of your camera. Amazing.
    Love you
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete