Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Better

I'm feeling better today. Still kinda out of it just like how I was feeling in the states when I thought something was wrong with my head...But, my stomach is fine so thats good. The heat here is exhausting and I hardly slept last night- had to get up at 6:30 for class.

I just got a hair cut. I loved my last hair cut but it had just grown out to much. Needless to say, it was quite the experience. Pretty scary actually. They just used a razor the entire time....pretty sure I shut my eyes for half of it! But, its not thaaatttt bad. I will see if I can put gel in it when I get home and hopefully give it some life. My hair just grows so fast here that I had to have it cut cause it was a mess!

I can't work at my house. It is SO hot unless I run the AC and its really hard to study in heat in my bed without pillows to sit up. So, I came back to campus but now Im so hungry that I have to make the trek back home to eat....its a 20 minute walk (which is 110 degree weather is reaaaallllyyyy long!)

I have no idea when is best for family to come visit me. We have only two days off. We don't get thanksgiving off or a fall break. I am leaving the city on Oct 30-nov 2 to travel south. This is for day of the dead and they don't really celebrate it much in the north so we will fly south for this...Its something that nobody can explain. They spend all night in the grave yards, but its a celebration. very different from anything anyone has experienced. We are going to go to the center of where this is at its height(which means a day or two of school skipping.) The only other date I know about is Spt 16 which we have off for independence day and I will travel then as well.

Basically, if you want to come visit, you would probably want to only stay in the city for a few days and then take a cheap flight down south. (take a flight through a connector like aerobus) Looking right now, it seems like the beginning/mid of october may be the best. I am done with school at the very end of november and then I will travel for 2 weeks. If you want to make a vacation by going south, I have some great recommendations on where to go and how.

Ok, I'm off to do a tad of homework and then home to eat dinner. I AM SO TIRED OF GROUP PROJECTS! This entire school is about group work- can I please just write an essay?!?!?! :)

love,
jordyne

No comments:

Post a Comment