Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Most embarrassing moment

I stayed at the university late tonight studying and once it gets dark, its not safe to walk home. So, I took the school bus for the first time. It runs all night. I get on the bus and tell the driver my street. Well, he starts driving in the opposite direction of my house and then stops. Apparently I’m the first one to be dropped off. He says, “ You live here?” And well, I have NO idea where we are. So he asks what streets I live around. I have no idea. I know the name of my street and the one next to it. The bus driver, looking not so very happy, parks the bus, walks outside and makes a phone call. He comes back and says, “Where do you live? You don’t know? “ So, I call my neighbor. He tells me one more street name. I now have a total of 3 streets that I know. So, with the collaboration of THE ENTIRE BUS, he starts driving to the intersection. Then, he stops and says, “Look familiar?” Yes, except I realized that we had PASSED my house and since I was at the back of the bus, I couldn’t see. So we have to turn around. The students then suggest that I move to the front of the bus so I can find my house. We finally arrive and I exit like a true American.

No comments:

Post a Comment