Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Hard Day

Little down today. My classes are harder than anything I have ever had. I have a 15 page paper in just about all my classes. I have one presentation tomorrow and had 45 pages of spanish history reading assigned for one day! The reading is intense and so 10 pages in spanish about boring history takes me like over an hour. It sucks!

Im talking to ASU and trying to figure out which class to drop. I have to get credit for this one class or I wont graduate on time so thats really stressful.

Im stressed with school and thats bringing me down. I don't have time to go out and meet people or travel cause I have to get a C in all my classes to pass and graduate! Also feeling pretty alone cause it's amazingly hard to meet people. The campus has 18,000 students and its a big city feel so people pretty much keep to themselves and their clicks. Its getting pretty tricky.

I know it will get better, but today sucked. OH, and I set my alarm but forgot to turn it on, so I woke up at 8:05. I was supposed to leave my house at 8:00 to make it to my class at 8:30- So I went all day looking and feeling disgusting...ugghhh

I was hoping for easy classes so that I could spend lots of time doing the volunteer social work program and learning spanish outside of the classroom but it doesn't look like thats going to happen. I don't know if I'll even have time for the social work program and thats why I came here.

-Frustrated

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing a blog journal--I like reading what is going on. Hang in there. - Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you, Jordyne, for even DOING this trip thing. It's a huge step of independence and courage. Academics would be similar to this is you were at Chapel Hill, Wake, etc. I think.
    I'll start praying you find some good friends! In the meantime, remember you are a CHILD OF THE KING! HE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND!
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete